CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Popovers...Yummy!!

I tried a new recipe today.  While looking at the blog How Mom Did It  I found this recipe for popovers (I have heard of them but have never had one in my entire life.)  They looked very simple, so I decided to give it a try.   Wow! They are really good (especially with homemade strawberry freezer jam).

Wanna make some for yourself?  Here's the recipe...

But first, you need to know the secret to making popovers...

1. Get the muffin tin cold...stick it in the refrigerator.
2. Do NOT (do not , do not, do not) pre-heat your oven! I am serious. You are going to put a cold pan into your cold oven once you are ready to bake them. There is something about doing it this way that makes the popovers puff up so nicely...


Now for the recipe...


3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup flour

Whisk the eggs and milk together then add salt and flour, and mix those ingredients together until well blended.  (I didn't take a picture of this, but I think you can figure it out.)

Spray the cold muffin pan with cooking spray.  Fill the muffin cups 1/2 full with batter.
(Yes, my muffin pan is broken in 3 pieces, but it is Pampered Chef, and I love it, and it still works just fine!)

Put the pan in the COLD oven and turn on to 450 degrees.  Set the timer for 25 minutes and then wait...DO NOT OPEN THE OVEN!

When the timer goes off, remove from the oven.

Stick a toothpick in the popovers to release the steam...

Now you will have perfect little popover cups to fill with yummy homemade strawberry freezer jam and enjoy!
Make sure you bake plenty because it is easy to eat a few of these...or do like I did and eat as many as you want before you wake the kids up...I guarantee they will be gone in a flash when the kids discover them!

Next time I make these, I will put whip cream on top too! (that was Greg's suggestion, and it sounds delicious!)

1 comments:

Jen Paris said...

hahaha. I LOVE your muffin pan. too funny! I am going to try to make these soon...I'll let you know how it goes. ;)